Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Still Refugee

'R' stands for Refugee













My mind is restless
Constantly in quest of answers
For which I fail miserably
While time flies by mercilessly.
And I remain static and still
Reminding me I am still refugee.

I have heard enough of nations
Rise and fall and rise again.
When will time for Tibet come?
I wonder and remain utterly unknown
For they say “might is right”
Which I believe is China’s pride.
I wonder about with exile permit
Could never get ‘home’ so far.
I need to feel and say with proud
This is my ‘home’ and my destiny
And do away with the exile tag
Before I can reasonably demand to live life
For I am 26 sans a sight of Tibet yet.

Despite the killings on spree in Tibet
Thanks to infamous CCP hands
The spirit of nationalism still grows
With time, it will be hard and solid
Take the shape of a horn of full-grown bull.
And only then will China take notice of us meek so far
And say, yes, “Free Tibet”, let’s go back
Until then I will be still refugee
This is getting an age-old feeling.


Written sometime in November 2009.

3 comments:

  1. Son,this is such a beautiful poem.I truly wish,you would spend more time in writing.You express so sincerely and so honestly,and so beautifully, that you got me crying.For that you owe me one.Till date,I only saw beautiful exterior of my son.But today,I met with the inner beauty of my son.Honey,if I had said I loved you before,now I am head over heels for you.You are my amazing son.I wish I had read your poems before I wrote to my friend,who is a teacher in Pasadena,California,who would have loved to read this.But of course with your permission,first!I am in tears as I write this comment that my son writes so well.I don't assume myself to understand the literary standards of writing a poetry,but what you wrote captured my heart with tears in my eyes;and for me that's what's all about poetry.Love you,love you,love you.Your half crazy mommy dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful comment, Mom. I guess you are the only one who has visited my blog so far. I am trying my best to update this blog as frequently as I can and hopefully share among my friends when there is enough contents for others to read. Have a nice day. Love, your son.

      Delete
  2. Dear Tenzin,

    We did read again your wonderful poetry. It's full of such
    a deep and painful truth, that we share your whole complain.
    You show a real talent, by writing it. Even it is written in a foreign language, for both of us, the soul and heart do reign. Different poets have been offer to us, many
    beautiful books, in my family, which help me to be nearer of your expression.
    Thanks a lot !
    Jérôme (and Mi)

    ReplyDelete